Virtual Champion 1-4 – March 2nd – 23rd, 2022, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Eastern Time Zone
PAC Champion 1-4
Champion 1 March 2nd
Champion 2 March 9th
Champion 3 March 16
Champion 4 March 23
Learn our Positive Physical Approach™ to improve connections, relationships, and task completion.
Please be advised also that it would be beneficial if you do not have a partner to please be creative and put some rice in a rubber glove or build your own Macho man for some Positive Physical Approach and Hand under Hand skills practice😊 Please click on link to view how to build your own Macho Man Practice Partner:
In this highly interactive session, you will:
- Receive hands-on skill building for immediate application in daily care or therapeutic practices
- Learn how using visual, verbal, and touch cues can increase productivity and reduce challenging situations
- Learn modifications that can reduce distress, encourage acceptance of assistance, and improve outcomes for both people living with dementia and providers
- See the physical and chemical changes in the brain and learn how it changes a person’s abilities to experience the world around them. You will understand the losses, but more importantly, realize what abilities are retained and how you can support them
- Come to understand the value of the relationship with a person living with dementia (PLwD) in relation to the daily tasks
- Adapt your Positive Physical Approach™ to more situations
- Learn and practice the Hand-under-Hand® guidance and support method
- Gain greater awareness and knowledge about how to support your partner instead of doing things for them or doing things to them, in order for the person living with dementia to maintain their own skills
- A greater awareness and knowledge of the different GEMS® states
- Interaction with GEMS states to help caregivers, mental health professionals, and therapists understand and focus on retained ability, not loss
- Use of Positive Physical Approach to assess and then adapt to build relationships and achieve positive outcomes
- Promotion of a sense of control and self-direction through matching cues and support for each of the six GEMS states
- Develop their ability to observe and recognize a person’s GEMS state
- Practice their observational skills to recognize and interact effectively when brain changes occur
- Focus on the Positive Physical Approach™ as a dynamic assessment of an individual’s cognitive levels and personal preferences
- Identify the characteristics and what it means to be living in the world with changes in cognitive and physical abilities
- Gain the ability to see every individual as precious, unique, and capable GEMS that deserve to partner in care
Teepa and her Positive Approach to Care team believe that like gemstones, all individuals will shine when given the right care and setting.
Join us from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm Eastern Time US Zone.
Doors open (virtually) at 5:45 pm ET US.
To register for the Champion 1-4 Course, click the + to complete registration to the left. *All prices listed in US dollars.
“It was very interactive and having the hands on practice helped me tremendously.”
–A recent virtual champion
If you have questions or are interested in a payment plan, please contact us at email@example.com or call 1-877-877-1671 ext. 1